Friday, August 7, 2009

Should I place an ad in the paper that i am looking for a job?

I have been looking for a receptionist job or something close to it overnight for the longest and i can never find it. Most places that have advertised never say if the position is overnight. And it ends up not being overnight. I have searched all over the internet like career builder and monster jobs.com but found nothing except machine operator positions overnight. Do you think the right person will see me ad and call me and money wise do you think its worth it. I want to say something like. Looking for a receptionist job overnight only 5yrs exp., if you know someone hiring tell them to call me. It might be a little funny but maybe it will catch the right persons eye and they will pass it on because many people who have jobs are always looking in the paper for a better job or a 2nd job.. I was thinking of putting it in the classified section. Not the section where people offer services like baby sitting or personel massages. I don't even care if i only get paid minimum wage.
Should I place an ad in the paper that i am looking for a job?
Several years ago a college graduate in a large City ( I do not remember where) could not find a job anywhere, so he wore a sandwich board and walk down the busiest sidewalks of the city with a salary, qualification, phone # etc. posted, offers poured in for this young man with a much better salary than he was asking and he found a job so no it is not a waste of money and you could even try this tactic. This is a true story it could have happened 5-10 years ago my memory is very poor. Keep your chin up you will find that job.

No comments:

Post a Comment